View Single Post
      04-02-2022, 05:15 PM   #17
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Based on my experience with a 911 (my previous car with CCBs), I would agree that unless you track often, CCB rotors should last forever, with a caveat. They won't wear, but they are fragile, so you can get unlucky with rock chips, or slip ups when changing wheels. In that case, the rotor can chip or fracture and will need to be replaced for (obviously) big money.

The brakes on my 911 were incredible in every way. They modulated wonderfully, stopped better than anything else I have ever experienced, made no noise, worked well even when cold, etc. The biggest problem I had was when I drove my wife's car and then went back to the 911, I was used to normal braking and ended up doing unintended emergency level braking on the 911 because of the difference in braking power.
The fragility is what I was worried about which is why I didn't order them on my car... sadly I have a knack for attracting that sort of bad luck lol... I mean heck on my f10 right after replacing pads and rotors about 500 miles later had a rock get suck and score the rotor all the way around lol replaced it again and a different rotor had the same fate 😅 imagine that on ccb? Instant regret
Appreciate 0