View Single Post
      12-04-2018, 11:55 AM   #11
Jojipoji
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/15 gtr

Actually the 2013 gtr is faster in a straight line than the nismo. Every year 2015 and after they made the gtr slower/heavier. The nismo with the added aero is slower top end. There are completely stock 2013 gtrs 10.7 @ 127.

The stock tires are terrible also (run flats). Either way bravo to bmw for creating such a monster of a car.

2015 nismo >> 2017 nismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
While I agree the Nismo tires are much better than the F90 M5's, being fair - unless the practice from Nissan has changed - they do not provide an R compound tire from the factory - even as an option - which has been one of the major complaints to Nissan (and the lack of carbon ceramic brake option). The Dunlop NR1's are 200 treadwear. That said - again - you are right that they are still quite an advantage over the PS4's lol (320 treadwear - and an all round tire).

Absolutely agree.

It is. Stock GTR's are pretty poopy in the mid-end as they start to get into the top end. The NISMO's turbos are bigger than stock - and I think that helps here. I would expect any F90 M5 to beat any regular R35 GTR to 200 in most cases (although it will be fairly close) - and really pull on it as the speeds get into the top end.
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00