03-14-2019, 01:40 AM   #13
Slaktaren
G05sweden
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X5M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsanto View Post
I forgot to mention that I am an Android user which may also be contributing to the problem. BWM is so far behind on supporting Android that it is getting ridiculous.

My car is in the shop with a failed driver console and is over a week away from getting fixed. I was given an X3 loaner which has idrive6. It is unbelievable how far behind the interface is from 6 to 7 but some basic connectivity features seem to work better such as Spotify and messaging. It is so sad to see idrive7 taking such a major leap forward but still can't get some features that worked in previous versions to work now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsanto View Post
I forgot to mention that I am an Android user which may also be contributing to the problem. BWM is so far behind on supporting Android that it is getting ridiculous.

My car is in the shop with a failed driver console and is over a week away from getting fixed. I was given an X3 loaner which has idrive6. It is unbelievable how far behind the interface is from 6 to 7 but some basic connectivity features seem to work better such as Spotify and messaging. It is so sad to see idrive7 taking such a major leap forward but still can't get some features that worked in previous versions to work now.
I just bought my first BMW and I am chocked about how a world premium brand treat its customers. My G05 has spent more time at the dealer due to critical failures. The lack of knowledge from top to bottom is striking. Spare parts ordered was at factory wrongly labelled. The BMW portal totally confusing and still 4 weeks after delivery my dealer does not have right to enable my digital key. I saw the videos, commercials and believed as most that it was true. I still today cannot listen to uninterrupted music, cannot see mail. 1 out of 10 my remote commands reach the car. every second day connected drive portal is down. Totally confused about what packages needed to make stuff work. bought connected +. my loaner show it is enabled in that car but in the app at my car it is not there. Bought a Samsung as the manual say it is supported. Supported for what? My old Sony did exactly the same little. I tried to help and send BMW the errors I get in the app but some idiot has deactivated screenshot.. I get constant surveys in the app about the same if I like the app... I cannot change music library in I drive. I cannot listen to music if the phone is but placed at the charger. Everytime I need to get the phone out open and login and find spotify and put it back as the music dies doing that manouver. I have spent hours in the cars trying to get it to work and I have one tip. Google Android Auto and download the unofficial release if it is not available in your country. set it to activate on bluetooth for your car. That way you at least get rid of sound disappear when you get text messages or emails.. I have fyi started the process to return this prototype car. Shame on you BMW
Appreciate 0