View Single Post
      07-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Clearly if you use non super summer tires, you will void your warrantee......

LOL

All Seasons are fine. If you push a hard corner you will notice it in the extremes.

For example if you have not yet felt "Loss of steering wheel input" on a curve before (I.E. at the point of about to loose grip) then such a feeling will occur sooner. Did this test with '97 M3 with summer vs snows and when you feel it you will know it. The M5's AWD will make up for the loss of some grip, but if you put the car in Two Wheel Drive the difference will be much more pronounced.

Lot's of RS6 folks swapped to All Seasons without a real issue, but all could tell the difference in the extreme driving...I had snows on mine for 4 months out of the year and that car always had grip, you'd feel the softer tires in turns but grip was always there.

I suspect the same with the M5. In winter I have been using Pirelli's and I have not had any issues when the roads are dry and the spirit is willing. Nor any trouble in the snow. I haven to yet developed the confidence in winter driving I had with the RS6, but I have only had this for two winters. I drove the RS6 for 15 years.

Mike

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0