View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 04:12 AM   #26
Maxlude
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D_SE_Man, F90_M5C

Anyone that can post a step by step with pics will get an A* !!!
I also have been working on cars since my first at 17, that's too many years to mention haha
I like to do my own maintenance but lack of time prevents sometimes and I hate having such a time constraint as it puts undue pressure on a task that I should be finding rewarding.
And these modern cars are absolute pigs to work on due to complexity and packaging! Gone are the days I used to whip the plugs out in 15 mins!!!
It's not just that and the cost saving, but my distinct lack of faith in dealership skills. My F90C went in last year for inspection 1 at dealership, they took the time to send me a nice video of the underneath of the car and how all the exhaust, suspension and tyres were good, which was not surprising on a 12k mile car. They did NOT notice the huge screw on the edge of the rear tyre. Now that's the kind of thing I want to be told about.
My wife's car went in for inspection 1 this year. When it came back, I noticed they'd put the wiper blades on the wrong way i e. Drivers side on passenger side and vice versa thus the passenger one was hitting the trim.
Do I really trust them changing the plugs on my M5? Yes if the master tech did it and was given the time...NO if the gimp who cannot even put wipers on correctly was tasked with it.
Or I make sure I have the time and then know it's done right.

Btw, does anyone know whether anyone makes iridium plugs for the S63? I used to put NGK or Denso iridium plugs in my old cars and can leave them for 50-60k miles no probs
Appreciate 0