View Single Post
      06-30-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abehnam View Post
I'm on the wait list at the moment for an M2 and have been for months, but my wife and I are now trying to have our first baby. As a result, my wife has now repeatedly told me that I have no idea how annoying its going to be to try to get a baby seat into my M2. She drives a Subaru Foerster, so it wouldn't be our primary family transport, but I'd imagine there will definitely be times where I'll need to be taking our baby in the M2.

My general question is does anyone have a clue as to how big of a PITA this would be, and secondly, any reason to suspect that the M2 would be any less safe than the standard 2 series?

On the safety point, I figure the M2 will have better braking and control, but I'm wondering if any of the weight savings would significantly affect safety for a child in the back seat.

As far as getting an M2 when having an infant, if you guys think it won't work, can you suggest some alternatives? The two obvious choices of M3 and RS3 are a bit too pricey as I'd like to spend mid to high 50s max. I also have a knee injury, so I'd need a car with a dual clutch transmission (or, if that is impossible, an excellent automatic, like the M235s ZF8).

I appreciate any help I can get... this is all so new to me.
I have an infant car seat set in the middle of the 2 back seats and it works fine.... don't think the interior is going to change between the M235 and the M2 so should be similar...
Appreciate 1