View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #1
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black

Garage Door Opener Issues?

My 2012 535i is rock solid in opening any and all gates, garage doors, etc. using the universal opener buttons on the rear view mirror. It opens everything, every time and from pretty far away.

My 2018 M5, however, doesn't work well or consistently (and sometimes not at all). On the same gate (non-rolling codes), it won't open from as far away as the 535. Even more annoying is that fairly often doesn't open the garage doors (rolling codes).

That is, every so often the car/opener literally will not open the garage regardless of how close I am or whether I position the car directly in front of the garage, to the side, etc. When it happens I have to get out the car and walk inside to open the garage. Super annoying and frustrating and even more so because it is intermittent. I never know whether it is going to work.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if it is the system itself or if I should try reprogramming them again? Or if I should have the dealer replace the module or something.
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 0