Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by APARSHr35 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Hello,

What type of test drive did you perform to compare the cars? Were these drives on highways, roads around the dealership with speed limits less than 50 mph, twisty roads?
Twisty roads for both. Did not take the CS on the freeway, was lucky enough to be near some backroads where you can push the car a bit. I took the M5 Base on both twisty backroads and the freeway.

Just in case it matters.

I test drove a 992 Turbo S about 8 months ago. Did not like it. It felt slow for regular driving as funny as that sounds. No character. I think if it had an aftermarket exaust i would have liked it better. I had just sold my 991.2 GT3 RS so i suppose i prefer the track feel even in my daily. I LOVED my GT3 RS. I'm not sad i sold it though.

I also drove the Taycan Turbo S on both sideroads and freeway. I've gotta admit, it was impressive. Really great feeling car all around.
That is strange the Turbo S felt slow to you. Was that a 992 Turbo S? Maybe because it is more refined than the GT3 RS. I am guessing the turbo S is faster than the GT3 RS on the street. Why were you not sad to let the GT3 go?

I do not have any twisty roads in my area where I live. So it is difficult for me to grasp claims of difference in driving between the M5 variants. My daily driver has hydraulic steering and I feel no difference or do not notice any difference when I drive the M5.
Appreciate 0