01-14-2020, 03:37 PM   #12
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Thank you sir! Good to hear on the cornering front. M5s up till the e39 used to have a great selection of aftermarket suspension components. Then it has slowly declined. Now there are only three things. Better than nothing I suppose.

When it comes to power I'm utilizing a lessons learned approach here. Popped the weasel on my f10 so I rather not go through that expense again. Warranty only solutions for now. Currently that leaves me with Racechip for a piggyback or CarBahn for a flash tune. I will be doing almost all hardware though. It's only when messing with the software that you truly kiss your warranty goodbye.
Understood. Don't forget the JB4 option.

Quote:
Btw to your PTP comment. I definitely hand out one to each occupant. Have to protect the interior somehow.
The blanket is actually another form of heat protection for the engine bay. It has been compatible with all other s63 M cars so I'm hoping it works here. Sits on top of the metal heatshield for the initial cats/turbos to help take care of the heat. The heat is atrocious in the engine bay so anything is better than nothing.

Good to know; I don't think I've ever heard of that before.
Appreciate 1
m5 guy1662.00