Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMA89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRob View Post
Would the ghost subs work with the B&W system as well? I've got HK in order but thinking about maybe changing and I hear the bass is lacking.
BavSound is designed for HK and HiFi (standard and top) audio systems only.

The BavSound is a great upgrade over HK, but if I had the option of B&W, I obviously would have done that (of course it was unavailable when I got my LCI). And if the bass wasn't enough, I'd go from there.
I wonder what would be better 1. The standard B&W system or 2. The HK system but with upgraded ghost subs and their full speaker upgrade.

Number 2 is half the cost of 1 so just curious peoples thoughts and best bang for
Your buck?

That's a tough call. If the B&W was available at the time I got my second M5, I undoubtedly would have gone with that, and considered upgrades from there if need be.

With that being said, the bang for your buck with BavSound system is fantastic, but I'd only go that route if I was forced into HK.

In your case, I believe you have the HK since you're in a CS. I would personally recommend going with the Ghost under seat kit first. See if that gives you the improvements that you're looking for. If not, go to the stage one kit. This would be way more efficient that attempting to retrofit BW, which some members here have mentioned and talked about, but we have not seen anyone execute it yet.

You may get slightly better bass response from the BavSound kit as compared to the BW, but that really depends on what kind of music you listen to.

If you're on the fence about BavSound, try the Ghost kit and know that you can return it with 100 days, even if installed, with not questions asked.
Just installed the ghost subs and already noticed a big difference, very happy! Now my brain is saying "wonder what the stage 1 improvement would be?" 😂
So happy to hear that!!!

If you're satisfied with Ghost kit, you can see how it meshes with the whole system. It sounds good now, but you'll get a better idea of how your system now works as a whole in about 20 hours, even though the insert calls for less.

The stage one kit does to the remaining speakers what the Ghost kit does to the subs! I think it would get you much closer to BW level.