06-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Hey man, I've seen your posts discussing how your car is modified with some custom work in the jb4, so my observation may not be relevant to your setup, but here it is....letting the car shift at redline (stock or with race chip) seems to be a bit slower than shifting around 6200-6500 rpms. I'm new to the car, but shifting at 7k automatically just seems slower. I haven't done a ton of testing, so my butt Dyno could be totally wrong. Thoughts?
Completely relevant and, agreed, I've made the same observation. Compound that with the additional torque that your piggy provides you and I agree, better to short-shift (just a little). That said, launch control doesn't wring the gear out completely in my experience (certainly not in 1st and, I think, not in 2nd either) but, now that you've mentioned it, I'll take a look at the higher gears and see.

I posted launch instructions for my AMG E63S and in that car, the fastest possible 1/4 mile I could achieve involved using race start to get you going and then intervening with the paddles in order to shift slightly earlier than the race start programming would--perhaps the same is true here.

Thanks for the thought!
Appreciate 0