11-28-2020, 01:14 PM   #19
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifes first bimmer View Post
I wish I could say yes, but I don't have draggy. I would also love to see how the two units compare; if you have other ideas I am open - 4th gear pulls perhaps?

I did consider the jb4, a lot ... but I did a lot of homework and finally went with Turbo Transformer because it has the same connections but also has bluetooth capabilities without paying extra.

I honestly do not think a piggyback should cost more than $200, that is just a senseless mark up (in my most humble opinion). Anything at the $400 price tag and you can potentially get a flash tune but that was not a viable option for me (just yet). I think the TT will also give you a full refund if you don't like it - you may want to check with them again since it has been a while since I bought mine.

Apparently mike@x-ph is selling Turbo Transformer chips for $135, standard bluetooth and free app. Get it, you will not regret it.
I understand the VFM part. I didn't consider TT because I didn't know it existed. Mike posted about it much after I bought my JB4. And I bought my JB4 used for a really good price. I wouldn't pay $600-700 for a brand new unit since I don't see that as VFM. I paid half that. And I also sold my JB+ for a good amount.

One of my Audis is turbocharged (the A7 is supercharged). Both are stock for now. I'll wait till warranty is over on the A7 and then tune it. No piggyback for that since I'm not sure how it works with a supercharger. For the SQ5, I might get a piggyback since the tunes available aren't totally bug free (read about some people getting CELs at WOT).

And I can do a 20-80. I've done multiple 62-124 runs on my car and with the JB4, best I've gotten is 13.9s. But it has always been between 14.4 and 14.8s (worst was 14.8). That was before my best custom map right now (should be faster now). 0-100 has been in the 11.8-12.2s range (again, should be faster with my current custom map). All dragy verified.

Do you want me to record a video of the speedometer. On a flat road doing 20-80 runs? If so, which gear. I'd love to compare.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0