View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

I had a JB+ and it works. For $200, it is absolute VFM. I cannot comment on Dinan or RC since I have zero experience with those two products. I did have a RC ultimate in my A4 and it worked there. Had no issues while I had it.
Power delivery wasn't bad at all. It was not smooth like stock. There was a noticeable kick when the turbo spooled up. And it ran out of steam at the top end. With the JB4, it's faster and doesn't run out of steam up top.

I have a JB4 now and I love it. Car does really well and it's faster than with the JB+ (I'm running a custom map on my JB4). I search for every little excuse to take the 330i out and it has the most miles amongst all my current cars (thanks to it being tuned). The JB4 also connects to two sensors like in the pic in the post below yours (though I have a third EWG connector as well which as extra). The EWG makes the car smoother. But it made good power even without the connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifes first bimmer View Post
I bought a Turbo Transformer from these guys - www.turbo-transformer.com, although I believe x-ph on this forum is also a supplier.

I connected to 2 sensors like they have shown here -

They have a free app which was my decision for buying it so I could also watch my boost pressure. Oh and not to mention the price. I adjusted mine to +3 PSI , their default setting is +2 psi because anything more did not increase my peak boost.

I also logged my stfrs with a torq app and it seemed +4 PSI was pushing the STFRs in the +20% range, which is still ok (they didn't look pegged). But my peak boost stayed at 22.6 psi - I figured there is no need to push it. I have had mine since a year or so, I am pretty happy with it.
Do you have a dragy? If you do, I'd love to see some numbers (0-60/quarter mile/0-100/62-124) to see how the turbo transformer compares to a JB4
Please say yes!
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 11-26-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
ruczko97.00