02-07-2024, 07:58 AM   #35
Redacre
6 Cylinders 3 Ways
Rep
Drives: M5, 911, Macan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Unfortunately technically you could probably void your warranty if you don't follow the BMW guidelines. I hope OP actually did use BMWs guidelines. I don't necessarily disagree that sometimes it could be better to do sooner. The fact that they have recommended maintenance intervals means you're supposed to follow those. I'll bet there is verbiage in the small print where if they wanted to they could void warranty claims based on maintenance intervals not being done correctly. If it blew based on OP doing maintenance on the bmw guidelines (even if theyre insufficient in your opinion) that would be best case scenario. OP following the BMW recommendations and thats what blew the motor? Win win. Now if he took it upon himself to make his own service intervals and it blew from that, that will be a big problem for OP.
They can and absolutely will void warranty claims for not following the maintenance intervals. It happened to me. I was lucky that I had a written statement from the BMW dealership that sold me the car that I was able to use in my case, otherwise I would have been responsible for a new motor.
Appreciate 0