View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 07:28 AM   #1
deeJayOg
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Steering Wheel Retrofit G20 or G30 heating

As I kept using tons of disinfectant because of the COVID thing, I ended up making my 2018 G30 M steering wheel super bad looking. The leather just started to peel off.

I decided to change it. Now the easy part I was thinking of , is I can get a very similar wheel only (without airbag) for a decent price. I'll just pop in my old airbag and that's it. No coding, no nothing. It should work plug and play.

BUT.

I was thinking of two alternatives:

1. Install the same G30 M Steering Wheel with Heating as well. Since now the button is on the wheel itself, I belive I don't need to change the SZL like for F cars.
I understand the wiring might be already there as part of the Driving Assistant (not plus) package that I already have on the car. So it might be just coding needed. Any inputs on this?

2. Install the G20 M Steering Wheel - but I'm not sure they will be compatible. What I do like is that FINALLY I have a "Next Track" button on the wheel itself on the G20. I have not found anything concrete yet as if it can work with coding. Some people say it will not, as the G30 2018 is using the ID6 software while G20 has the new ID7.
Anyone have any clue on this one? - Although this option is more expensive, as I'd end up buying the Airbag as well in this case.