06-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #64
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
I think if we're naming a car a sporty name like 'Competition', it needs to reflect as such.

This isn't a package anymore. BMW is naming it the M5 Competition. Same thing irks me about the Black Series models from MB.
I think they struck a good balance for M5 Competition with a few more balljoints for precision, more negative camber than M5, etc. I think this car should strike the right balance for the majority of prospective buyers and considering the great reviews of the F90 M5 base model, this should be the clear favorite driver’s tool in this segment at least until E63 Black Series becomes reality. I love that BMW stuck to useful, subtle tweaks like these to change the way the car feels without throwing away the practicality and usefulness of the M5 or without going too crazy with the price. I personally find ceramic brakes to be borderline useless (except for keeping wheels clean) so I’m glad they are optional for the people who like them. If I were buying one of these, I would definitely go for the carbon roof, though.

I don’t know if you have ever looked underneath a Black Series product but AMG has always shocked me with just how far they go to make the chassis, suspension, etc. of the Black Series models separate and MUCH more aggressive than other AMG vehicles. When you look under their skin, the extensiveness of habdling upgrades is very impressive and I love how they keep the interior very nice and luxurious as I would want in a Mercedes product. They get that “luxury track car” balance much, much, much more right than BMWs past several attempts at a similar formula (GTS, CS, etc) in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
VCP1390.00