Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD07 View Post
Thanks for all the input. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and go for it
Catless DP and that Dinan mid section should give you plenty of sound. You want it louder?
I'm not after sound as much as actual power gains, but my main reason for wanting an axleback exhaust was to avoid cutting my stock exhaust and enabling me to remove it fully intact.
Have you seen the dynos of full catbacks? The power gains are minuscule at best. The factory system in this car actually flows really well... you've seen the size of it. BMW left little on the table at the power levels we can hit at the moment. Only place you're really making power is DP.

Full cat back exhaust will get you 2-5hp... it's purely done for sound...as a power mod on these cars, it's a joke...and the joke is on our wallets.
Yes, that's why I only wanted a DP and midpipes deleting the resonators. I'm after power and better throttle response. That's why I never wanted to get an aftermarket axleback. Just wanted to keep the stock axleback but didn't realize the stock exhaust was all 1 piece until I already had the midpipes.
Bro..

Cut the stock one already and install that fn midpipe... when she's up for return just weld the stock back up and be done with it. You're giving me anxiety over here.... don't go spending another 1200-1400 on some axle back so you can "save" the stock unit intact. You'll have no issue if it's welded back on. As long as that shit isn't hanging and you're dragging the muffler to the dealer for final inspection you'll be goo lmao.

Just do it... it'll be fine lol
Lol damn man alright alright... I'm just waiting on my buddy to lend me the tool to cut it, but in the meantime just weighing all my options before I pull the trigger. Probably going through with it later this week.
I hear ya man... I was just giving you a hard time anyways lol. Do you have a DP on the car yet?
Appreciate 0