View Single Post
      04-02-2016, 01:53 AM   #18
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
You know it wouldn't surprise me if BMW decides to hold back production numbers a bit after seeing so many reviews steering potential M4 buyers towards the M2.
Not a chance, they built the M2 to capture younger customers, put a significant amount in R&D, manufacturing infrastructure and marketing no chance they would hold back on manufacturing cars based on the fact people want to buy them. Based on that logic they would make one M car only because they wouldn't want the M4 to take away from the 3 or the 5 to take away from the 3 and on and on. I think it is far simpler, they haven't even launched the car in the U.S. yet so why would they pump out a ton of inventory to sit at a port? Also you don't want to meet your demand right away because if you push out cars too fast dealers end up having to discount them to sell them off which is a death sentence for a new model. Look at the I8 for the first several months people lost their minds trying to get these cars, BMW built them at a steady but not spectacular pace and eventually supply met demand and now the supply is exceeding demand and prices are dropping.
Appreciate 0