08-05-2018, 11:55 PM   #8
MrMoo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Not so far, these are 1st drives organised by BMW... I believe the difference lies in the more focused handling of the Competition model (the power hike is, well, not much). Now the question is: does it justify the price difference since it's not really a track car... Having read all the reviews, I believe BMW made a mistake in not improving performance that much (something you can feel) but instead focused on the handling (which you don't really feel unless you do track days).

If I need to sum up the reviews in a couple of words I would say "slightly better". Now does it justify the price hike? In AUS it is $20K higher than the "regular" M5, which is already ludicrously priced at $200K (people mention our Luxury tax but IMO, BMW charges these prices because they can get away with it).
Competition is actually 29k more lol. Unless there are some heavy discounts I may give it a miss and get the base.

In BMW's defense the 199k + on roads starting in Australia is actually fairly good. I certainly didn't expect that price when it launched. Given the exchange rate and the LCT + GST, the prices are fairly similar to that of US Prices.
Appreciate 0