View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #33
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

First of all I'm no GM fan and in regards to the C8 I would stay away from the first few years of the car while they work out the typical GM bugs. That said there's little doubt in my mind in a couple of years GM will have a version of the C8 that will outperform the 911. Like the Supra the C8 was rushed out as a half finished product somewhat neutered out of the gate. They haven't had enough time to perfect the handling and dialed in understeer so the first batch of owners don't end up driving their cars into the ditch. You only have to see how far they came with the C7 or the current Camaro to see that GM can do handling as good or better than anyone and in time they will get this right. There's already been a lot of talk about how incredibly compliant the C8's ride is on the street so that's already a win for most buyers that don't track their cars.

I don't think anyone argues that the C8 will ever have the prestige of a Porsche but I don't understand the posts from some claiming that value doesn't matter. It absolutely matters as if two product perform nearly equally and one is significantly cheaper it's clearly the better product for everyone except those that want the cachet that comes with the Porsche badge or those who have a lot of money where value is not a consideration.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17315.00