Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKthePM View Post
condolences to the young lad and his family..
idiotic but nothing equals a life..

on a side note, how would a 24 year old get insurance on an M car? at least here in AUS, you need to be above 30 to be able to get insurance and with some providers its 40 or above.
Wait really that's a pretty crazy policy, never seen something like that before. Pretty sure in NA age is not restrictive. The car could just be insured/registered to the guy's parents as well or could be his own.
His age, the original price of the vehicle and the area he lived in tells me all I need to know; his parents bought him the car and he wasn't mature enough to handle the excessive amount of power.

I'm sorry to hear about the incident but this scenario is not really unique, it happens more often than what hit the news.

Funny enough, it's mostly involves a BMW.. Go figure 🤷🏻
I don't think being young with a nice car means your parents bought it for you. My first car was a C300 at 18 and I got a C63 at 21. Someone people start working at a young age and some have different priorities where they can dump money into a car whereas others can't.
A $100,000+ car works out to about $2,000 a month, plus NYC auto insurance for a 24 year old is like another $800 per month.

Yea, I'm not saying he couldn't of been a unique case that actually bought it himself but if I had to make an educated guess, based on my personal experience, my money is on that his parents helped him a smidget..
Appreciate 1