eman4517
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 G83 M4C xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Shame, and stupidity like this typically prevails. To not wear a belt is insanity, it's an involuntary movement for me at this point / 50yrs old. Now back in the day, like 80s and earlier, I don't know how we all survived. Christ, weren't even any baby car seats, no ABS, no Air Bags, etc, etc. I was born in '70 and my first car was a new '87 Mustang GT, in which belts were never worn at the time, which was just the way it was. I think it became the norm to "click it or ticket" in the 90s. This kid must have frequently roasted those tires in RWD and no conception of treadwear / traction loss as a result. I bet he was in RWD at this time too, Shame....
So sad for the family, sorry for their loss. I was born around the same time and that's definitely how it was. Incidentally, my first car was a 1969 Mustang and I thought I was invincible until I crashed it into a curb and a drainage sewer on a turn with slick roads luckily I walked away from that.

I drove my next car (an '81 VW Scirocco) much more carefully at first (in my early 20's), then youth & the speed-generated adrenaline kicked in again and the tickets came. I too was young and dumb at one time, luckily I survived my youth. Unfortunately this gentleman wasn't as lucky. RIP.

Gone but not forgotten:'22 G82 M4Comp xDrive, '21 F90 M5 Comp,'19 Porsche 911 C4S, 15 Audi RS5, etc..
Appreciate 1
Londoner168.00