Thread: Winter Wash
View Single Post
      12-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #12
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

OK guys... here goes.

It's Dec 31st. Last night the news said it was going to snow this afternoon here in CT. I went to bed with it in my mind that the car was getting washed this morning before the first flakes flew.

Well, the storm was raging when I got up at 6:30, and I thought about how I was going to handle things as I sipped my morning coffee.

7:10 am I backed the beast out of the garage just outside the door... and I left it running with the heat on. It was 22 degrees and snowing with about an inch of snow already on the ground.

The hot water from the hose quickly melted the snow from the drive around the car, and I filled both 5 gallon buckets to the top with hot water. I worked a little faster than normal, but thoroughly cleaned my wheels taking the time to rinse out each wheel well. Used my normal 2 bucket/ 2 mitt process, rinsing with very warm water often.

The warm water kept the car warm enough that no snow was sticking to the car, and the heat generated from the car running kept he windows and hood well above freezing. The warm water kept my hands perfectly warm for the 25 min the wash process took.

Pulled it in (garage has heat) and took my time drying and puttering around, enjoying my car for another hour and a half before I went out to run the snow blower over the driveway.

My nephew took some video of me washing the car in a snowstorm. I'll see it I can figure out how to post a small clip of it here.

I need to figure how to get a drain in one of my garage bays. That and some tile on the walls out there and....
Appreciate 0