kingmonkey8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashah555 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkey8 View Post
For your second video. You can manually disengage the lock. Use a screw driver to lift the lock mechanism. Your door should then shut.

Taking the door panel off is quite straight forward. Take of the door handle trim and there are 2 torx screws you need to undo. Then you need to pry it from the bottom edges. Once you can get your fingers under the door card then it's easier to pull off the door card.

I have dismantled a door before. It was easy to loosen the actuator but wasn't easy taking it out. You have to remove the window glass and regulator.
I have already got the door to close by pulling the inside door handle and rotated the lock up. Now I'm just waiting on the actuator to arrive so I can start taking off the panel and replacing it. I have taken off the door trim with trim tools. Now I'm trying to take the panel off and I feel like I'm putting way too much pressure nessecary on the trim tools. Just worried I'll break the panel. Either way I'll attempt again later in the day and go from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashah555 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkey8 View Post
For your second video. You can manually disengage the lock. Use a screw driver to lift the lock mechanism. Your door should then shut.

Taking the door panel off is quite straight forward. Take of the door handle trim and there are 2 torx screws you need to undo. Then you need to pry it from the bottom edges. Once you can get your fingers under the door card then it's easier to pull off the door card.

I have dismantled a door before. It was easy to loosen the actuator but wasn't easy taking it out. You have to remove the window glass and regulator.
I have already got the door to close by pulling the inside door handle and rotated the lock up. Now I'm just waiting on the actuator to arrive so I can start taking off the panel and replacing it. I have taken off the door trim with trim tools. Now I'm trying to take the panel off and I feel like I'm putting way too much pressure nessecary on the trim tools. Just worried I'll break the panel. Either way I'll attempt again later in the day and go from there.
Make sure the two torx screws are fully loose before trying to pull of the door panel. I always work from the bottom, or bottom corner. Pry and pop the clips then put my fingers under then slowly pull section by section until all the clips pop. You will break the clips before breaking the door panel. Don't just pull it off all at once. You can break the ambient light strip connector.
The window switch plugs can be difficult to unplug.
The door side impact bar making the actuator difficult to remove. Can't remember how I removed it in the end.
I actually have two spare passenger side front door actuators lying around.
Appreciate 0