10-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvec03 View Post
odd...map 6!? I'm a 228... assuming you're a. 235? from what I know map 6 is some special stuff. why 6?

also, weird your can't do anything after the error. maybe send some codes or pulls to bms?
Sorry, forgot to post it's an M240i.

Map 6 is custom tune. Map 1-3 didn't run very well for me. I don't have a check engine light and restart the car instantly because it's always happened to me when I was in the road so didn't have time to mess around. I will try to see if I can pull a code before I restart. I'm gonna try to re-produce it in a safe road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235SDCA View Post
Can you post a log? Does this happen on map 1 or 2?

I have had JB4 for a couple of years and had the problem you describe happen only once - hit the throttle, DT malfunction and then car wouldn't go and would barely idle. Had to shut off and wait. Restarted and it worked fine.
Really couldn't log it since it's always on accident but I'll try to do it on purpose and log it and pull codes if there are any. I don't run map 1 or 2 but can try it out too.

That's exactly what it does to me.

Thanks for the help guys I'll hopefully get back to everyone soon with results if I can reproduce it.
Appreciate 0