View Single Post
      04-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
TSiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider View Post
No offense, I have no idea what you have done to the car but the weight savings aren't going to be much you can feel. Keep what you received IMHO.
My goal is to shed somewhere in the neighborhood of 75lbs this year and up to ~125lbs combined next year after adding CF hood/trunk. I've already dropped ~10lbs per corner with wheels/tires, and wanted the muffler delete since it was pretty much a no-brainer 15lbs for such an inexpensive part. Next would be the med sized race battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
The difference between the two is 5 pounds. Stock axleback is ~36 lbs, berk race exhaust is like 20 pounds, and street exhaust is about 25 pounds

If you throw some midpipes on, the sound will definitely get deeper and louder. I had the muffler delete and it was ALWAYS loud. Now I have the midpipes and race axleback and at full throttle it's as loud as the muffler delete. With a light foot it's quieter than the muffler delete by a bit, but still sounds throatier. Maybe Berk will cut you a deal on the midpipes since they shipped you the wrong exhaust and put you through the installation trouble?
Dewd, has anyone told you how awesome you are? Haha, thanks for the great info!! I think I might hold off on anymore exhaust changes till next year when I do DPs and a full race system (once Cobb has their stage 2 tune released and proven). I like the exhaust well enough for now, and don't want to pay for installation twice. Besides, I just dropped a retarded amount of money on wheels & suspension.

Curious, are the midpipes mostly for sound or does dropping the second cat give a noticeable performance gain? I mean, I know cats generally reduce airflow, but would it register on the butt dyno swapping out the OEM for the Berk piece?
Appreciate 0