View Single Post
      03-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #109
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH485 View Post
I have had a 991.1 C2S and a 991.2 C2S and I can tell you that the 991.2 generation had a ton of significant improvements; the nav and electronics, the sport response treatment on the steering wheel, the rear axel steer, obviously more power from one generation to the next.

but the thing that really made the difference to me was a much more compliant suspension and just generally better build quality.

I would say that a car is a silly thing to put yourself into financial strain over and frankly the simple mention of that makes me thing perhaps you should apply a bit of delayed gratification and buy the car you want when you can comfortably afford it. These are depreciating assets and ya, the 991.2 is cooler but guess what, the 992 is way cooler than any 991 turbo model. After a few weeks of driving a car you acclimate, those difference fade away.
I agree, while the 991.1 was phenomenal, the 991.2 brought one of, if not the best implementation from NA to turbo and was another step in both performance and even upped the suspension yet again. I will tell you, my 991.1S, 991.2S, 718 GTS and my 991.2 T all have/had a suspension which I find to be well above what my M5C is both in terms of comfort and precision. It’s really incredible how the 911s can be so stiff yet comfortable and a car like the M5 crashes around.
The 992 simply built upon the 991.2 yet again.
Appreciate 0