Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
I'm excited to hear the gains from the TCU tune—when do you expect to get some data?

In my mind, this is holding everyone back right, ECU tunes and piggy alike. The most noticeable change for you, I hope, will be from 4th to 5th where the boost targets seem to be neutered and presumably by the ZF's torque limiter.

Sadly, I'll never get to feel it firsthand—not a modification that I can risk if I want to continue to switching in and out of cars annually.
I'm hopeful that this ecu/tcu combo will also get rid of drop in boost target (i've been told it likely has to do with heat, but not iat's...who knows though.)

Well, we just went on stay at home order last night, even though we've really been doing it for a few weeks. I'll likely get out in the next few days to see what's up, though.

TCU tune alone...most noticeable difference even without driving hard is quicker shifts and better downshifts that allow for more aggressive engine breaking. Missed that when my TCU tune was overwritten when I flashed that BM3 map.

Working with the Evolve guys is easy. Told them what I was looking for, we discussed, and then they produced. I'm running a 25-26psi target map (jb4 on map 0) and the car is making full boost, which it was not doing on the BM3 map. Looking like the car will be fast (and it def feels that way)...I did tell Imran I'm not looking for 9's, just lowish 10's and trapping above 135mph on e30. I'll certainly report back.
Seems to me Hockeytyme should have the TCU tune added to his already large arsenal especially if Evolve/Imran is offering it.
Appreciate 0