Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianF90M5 View Post
If I use floor jack to lift the car, where do I place the car stands under the car?
This is a very logical question. The F90 M5 unfortunately doesn't have the central jacking point the F10 had in the front. So, to jack up the car from the side, the jacking points that BMW provides are what should be used. Of course, with the jack using the jacking point, where does the jack stand go? Assuming you're able to find a safe and functional location for the jack stand, getting the car to an acceptable height for easy under car maintenance is a multi-step procedure, needing two separate lifts for each side of the car.

I've found, and posted multiple times, the QuickJack BL-6000XLT for the F90 M5. It's expensive, but so easy to use it makes working on the car a breeze. Safe, fast and secure, you may leave it suspended for months at a time if needed. Check out the lift at quick jack.com

Aronis, I can't believe you haven't bought one yet!
Wow, those "quick jacks" are expensive ... not sure the amount of DIY I plan to do the my cars can justify that cost ... but they do look great