Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I recently switched from a 991.1 Turbo S to a 971 Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid.

While I did the switch for family reasons, I have to say I am enjoying the Turbo S e-Hybrid more than the 991.1 Turbo S. The car has a lot of grip and it drives like it is on rails. While I have not taken it to the mountains yet, around town and on the highways I don't think I'm losing any performance and I'm finding I drive it faster because it feels more effortless. Lot of low end torque from the electric motor offsets the turbo lag and makes city driving and weaving through traffic a breeze.

Plus with my 991.1 TTS I was getting 11-12mpg and now I'm running 24mpg with the same driving style.
Got to drive the Panny Turbo S, I found it to be more of a luxury barge than I expected. It does handle pretty well for what it is, but it is far too similar to my current M5 F90 to justify. It is like the mixture of a M5 F90 with a 7 Series.

In the end between the Panny and my M5 F90, I am more inclined to keep the M car. I think the way a 911 feels is unmatched by the Panny or the M5, both come close in many regards (and I do like the Panny's steering and suspension more than the M5's) but it is not the real deal.

I almost switched to the AMG GT63 S, but its price made it pretty much unjustifiable.

The truth is that I need a usable, fast, luxurious and fun vehicle, and the M5/RS7/E63 S are pretty close to perfect here, but perfection is achieved only in the 911.
M8 Comp in GC spec didn't make your list, not a fan?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0