01-05-2020, 08:18 AM   #82
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
So I did this install yesterday with my Uniden R7. Couple things to add to what has already been discussed.

I found the harness was about impossible to get to without removing all 3 covers. There is very little to no slack with the wiring harness....so you really can't pull it out to get more room to work with. I used a credit card to pry apart the second cover (middle one).....worked good and did not scratch the plastic. The last cover is really easy to remove....it is hooked in as opposed to snapped/clipped in.

I noticed a little rattle from up there today....I assume from the wire hitting the first plastic cover. I am going to see if that disappears or I might have to go back in and put something around the wire to insulate it (so it doesn't rattle).
I had to go back and add some felt to stop rattling. Seemed to have worked. And still very happy with the R7 although the mute button was poorly designed. It should have been on the front of the unit like the R3. I've gotten used to it, but still a tad annoying.
Appreciate 0