View Single Post
      10-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
stratos_335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

For those that asked

Injen intake, Forge intercooler, Vishnu procede rev. 3 7-19, Riss racing catless downpipes, vk-motorwerks oil cooler, fully catless 3" custom exhaust, vishnu pps meth kit

20C ambient temperature (68F), 80-20 meth mixture, M7 nozzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
What size nozzle are you running for your meth injection? Also what was the ambient temperature during the test? Your IAT's seem a little high considering you're running meth unless it was really hot outside during the dyno. Your torque also seems low @ 377 lb/ft.
Check my post above. And units are kgm and not lb-ft as displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
78% is WOT

It looks your methanol needs some work and the boost is WAY too high.

Lower your boost and fix your methanol. You may not be running enough but what is apparent is you have some flow issues.

A little more information about all your modifications and details would help.

Edit- Your intake temps are way too high too which is another factor showing methanol problems and too much boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Although its showing flow on the Procede reader from your flow sensor it is really odd that the temps climbed up to 107 degrees on meth...It had to be something wrong with the flow sensor and if its the crappy Lebonte unit, take a hammer to it and order a new one from either SNow or Aquamist to work with your PPS.
And yes we have a winner. Labonte failsafe was not working properly and now is dead. Check the following logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
IAT should not go up that much with proper meth flow.

Mike
As you said Mike, meth was not flowing properly. I should have emptied my tank with tonights runs but meth level is at the middle of the tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Power is quite fine (equivalent to 420+whp on a dynojet). But like others said, your meth doesn't seem to be flowing sufficiently judging by the high IAT and ignition timing drop-outs. Fix that and you should be good to go. Also, for running maps with ignition advance (like the current aggressive v5 beta maps), we standardize PWM meth flow by using two 1.0mm nozzles at 100%DC. This equates to approx 900cc/min. And a PPS kit would need to spray a bit more to provide the same level of knock suppression (maybe 1200cc/min). Which means that you should consider using dual m7s. Or at least one m7 and one m5. Avoid the temptation to use a single M12 as it won't atomize/distribute well..
Shiv, I have purchased a 250 psi pump and a M10 nozzle. Wouldn't that be sufficient for my mods?

And here we are. I went for some logging tonight. Map 2, 19.2 psi and....

Meth started spraying and that was all. It raised to 2% and then the fail safe died. Maybe the pump died but fail safe seems to failed. Another Labonte failsafe fail here.

When I replace it I will go for another dyno there.

But nobody chimed in about the torque converter. I would like to comment what I initially posted.
Appreciate 0