View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
BMW9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 / Nissan GTR

anyone have problems with Dinan Flash not working?

I have a 550 M sport. I got My Dinan Re flash at Crevier BMW On Feb 23rd. I don't feel any difference in power!
Dinan arranged for me to go to another independant dealer, Avus autosport.
They said the dinan tune is on my ecu but reflashed it just to be safe at no extra charge.... still no power increase. I then tried some 100/91 octane blend (about 95 octane) and noticed the extra boost at about 3000 rpm suddenly comming on with a burst of acceleration. I feel the extra power only a little in 2nd, more in 3rd and higher gears, but never in 1st gear!
When I fill the tank up with 91 oct Power is back to stock. Once in a while I get a burst of extra boost with 91 octane when the car has just warmed up but not hot. Unfortunately the power is never there for a second or third time.
I have timed my car 0-100 before dinan flash and after. The times are about the same with 91 octane: 10.6 sec. Proving there is no difference.

whith the 95 octane blend I got 9.9 sec 0-100 mph.

dinan says there is only one map for all 550s and that their flash should be working with my car even with 91 octane.

Crevier and Dinan have not given me a refund or any solution. Anyone with this problem?
Appreciate 0