View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #29
itzazkrit
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5, 2017 570S, 2019 S63

guys....I dont want this thread to be annoying, or just arguing back and forth. I knew full well going into this that this would be how it was accepted. That being said, I went ahead and posted it because I was hoping to get into a more quantitative discussion on value with you guys with proof as its always seems to be the case that numbers are thrown out there with no basis other than what they've read on the internet. And I know this car doesn't really exist used on the market today other than mine, so I figured this community would appreciate the opportunity.

I value stuff for a living, not the car business, but related enough. For me, its a good quick estimation of depreciation by using 1% per month. I start at what a dealer paid for it new, as that is what it was worth day 1 it was sold to the dealer, and then depreciate back from there. its a back of the napkin calculation but its pretty close to what bmw calculates for lease residuals so makes sense.

Pimp.... I see you are very educated in the cost and pricing of these cars, what would you say true dealer invoice or NNN of my car would be with a 139k sticker. As in how much cold hard cash would the dealer have to have parted with the get the car free and clear including all trunk money, etc available? Nada says $129,800, thats 6.6% of sticker. I know there is 5k money for non-comp with a lease deal, but that doesn't play here. you said 10% is where you would be on new. Is that with a straight up cash deal, or you talking about financing/leasing? if you are saying 10%, then, its only reasonable to assume that they aren't paying more for the car than that, otherwise, why would you be in business. Your 10% gets me to 125k true invoice or what that car costs new. Is that a number we can agree on? 125k new invoice on 139k sticker? higher or lower? I'm very interested in this data...
Appreciate 1
sdshah849.00