Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpsy View Post
In addition to reading what scores of other people have paid for months, my experience is based on my own purchase. I was offered $2500 under invoice on any build I wanted. I built a $127K M5C and paid $116K.

If you think anyone in their right mind would settle for a $4000 discount on a $139K car, you are seriously out of touch with the market.

But you seem to think you know what you're talking about so I'll trust you are able to figure this out on your own without further assistance.

Good luck.
This thread is annoying but he's asking for people to make him lower offers and making it clear he's willing to consider them. He doesn't expect it to sell for 4K off sticker he has said that over and over.
Sorry, he specifically asked me to explain how $135K is more than anyone would pay retail for the car new, which it is.

The thread is annoying, mostly because of the absurd statements that somehow this weird tactic is done for the benefit of the community.

He could sell the car for one dollar and it wouldn't move the market one nickel. The ongoing elaborate justifications in the thread are just ridiculous.

That said, I really care much less than my continually posting in this thread would imply. Time to move on.