Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
A lot of information in this to answer, but I'll shoot a little of it. I've had metal 2018 M5 and 2022 M5 CS.

I don't think the rotors are that much different. I think the F10's CCB's were 410. I think the F90's are 400? My research before I did the test fit said that the pad would move out max 4mm. I didn't know about the inner border (I didn't measure the pads). But the fitment is perfect for CCB's using metal.

The difference is ONLY the rotor and the caliper. Looks like the mounting edge of the caliper is bigger. It just moves it out. (as I said above, I think it was 4mm).

As far as metal to CCB, I think the ONLY way to know is to test fit. You put the CCB rotor in and hope the blue caliper doesn't clang it while you're fitting it. I don't know for sure.

As far as 19" go, I'll take a picture of my clearance later. My 20" wheel has a TON more clearance than you guys. A TON. I think the barrel on your 20" are beefier. The 19" are less like my wheels.

As far as the CCB's, if you are doing it for brake dust - go with the RacingBrake. They will fit for sure. RacingBrake's rotors are good and heavy duty. I've used them in the past. Putting BMW CCM's on yours are a crapshoot, and we don't know for sure that they'll work. The RacingBrake ones will for sure.

Shawn

Thank you kindly sir!

As for the photos, its hard to get an accurate representation of the distance, its highly dependent on the angle the photo is taken at. I can make it look like a big or small gap, but tried to take it straight on, however the wheel portion (not sure what to call it) not the inside barrel of the wheel, but also not the spokes of the wheel kind of bevels up higher than the barrel, so depending on the photo it could appear closer. My photos are on a 2019 Comp, steel brakes, with the factory OEM 20" 789M wheels. Not sure on previous poster's wheel.

Oh... and anyone have some carbon rotors and pads they want to part with for the good of the cause? Preferably new, in packaging just so I can test fit them ? And if you want me to dispose of them, I can do that no worries.
Appreciate 0