Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick504 View Post
Beautiful m3 almost same color as my F90 was. The F90 is definitely in its powerband at those speeds
Yes, its sweet. I dont know the name of the color, but I know its an individual color, and he has red interior as well. Pretty slick car if you like red. :-)

And ya, I hear the power band argument as well, but from 0-140-160 MPH, and a 1/2 mile traveled, both cars were in their power band. We both started at 0, and ended at the same place. I just arrive much sooner, and passing the line at a much higher speed. I don't know how much more track would be needed for the powerband of the M3 to be in place? LOL. Not to mention, the M5 "power band" in my opinion is when the torque comes on, and its so early on the M5, like 2500 RPM I think ? and it stays at peak torque until almost redline (if i'm not mistaken), power band or not, I was faster in every scenario and by a large margin. Being in the power band more, longer, and sooner, to me, basically means the car is faster? Does it not? I would think if he caught his power band, he should have at least had a similar trap speed, even if he was behind me. If his trap was higher, even if behind me that tells me he's catching me, and eventually would catch and pass me, if there was enough track. But I was nearly 20mph faster trap, signifying I was crossing the line sooner, and continuing to widen the gap the entire time.
Attached Images

Last edited by jnotrom711; 11-06-2022 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0