View Single Post
      09-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
On at least the EURO-spec M2, the "Storage Package" (option code 493) is standard. But beware: it does no longer include the 12V-socket inside the luggage compartment - that's a stand-alone option (option code 575).
May I wonder what made you think so?

The 2 Series' "Storage Package" is described as:

The Extended Storage package includes: a compartment with lid on the driver's side, retractable cupholders, nets on the front-seat backrests, 12-V sockets in the rear centre console and in the luggage compartment, storage net on the right of the luggage compartment, fastening strap on the side panel on the right of the luggage compartment, retaining net on the luggage compartment floor, two bag hooks and fastening points in the luggage compartment.

And this is exactly what I have in my current (F21) 1 Series, option code 493. My 575 option is an additional 12V power socket located in the front passenger footwell. 2 Series' description of "12V power sockets" option matches so I would guess the same code as well.

So are they really going to change M2 options' "meaning" compared to 2 Series?

By the way, AFAIK the current 1 Series includes a power socket regardless of the 441 (and I would expect the 2 Series the same). Yet my 441 includes a cigarette lighter rather than a power socket actually: I can't plug my phone charger into (the socket's too narrow) but it's all right with 575. I guess it should be the same with 2 Series and M2.
Appreciate 0