///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
I had the great pleasure of consulting with Soooma about this exhaust system and what his goals were.

First let me say it was a delight to chat with a fellow true enthusiast and ultimate great guy.

As mentioned already in this thread, there are louder exhaust systems out there for the F90, however Soooma wanted something with some civility to it and more of a tuned sound. I believe this is what the DINAN system is able to provide. Is it louder than stock? Yes - No question about that. But it isn't the loudest bark in the doghouse.

Prior to discussing things with Soooma, I got to talk with the crew at DINAN, one such discussion was with Phil M who built the exhaust. We were able to chat about things like flow and how chamber size and design can affect sound - from quality to quantity. There was a good deal of time, effort, resources and a fair amount of trial and error to get to this stage.

This exhaust follows the DINAN tradition of providing sound quality while not necessarily providing immense sound quantity. This dates back to when Steve Dinan was creating the first exhaust systems for models like the E24, E34 and E39.

When Soooma and I chatted about this system, we covered various systems on the market. Having the loudest bark wasn't the main goal here. There were things like aesthetics to the eyes, sound "quality" and value. These are all pretty subjective choices. I've had Akra pipes on my motorbikes, but DINAN pipes on my cars We all have our tastes and what we like.

The beauty of today's market is that there are choices for everyone out there. If you are looking for enhanced sound with more depth and a deeper tone - then the DINAN system could well be the one for you.

I really appreciate Soooma giving the system a shot. It's never easy being the "first" one to try something out. I am looking forward to additional feedback over time as the exhaust breaks in.

On behalf of DINAN, I too thank you for giving the brand another shot. I actually wasn't aware you'd had a bad experience before.

If anyone has any questions or if I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know.

Oh.... and yeah, no matter what exhaust system you get, you'll probably have to roll down the windows to enjoy the sounds from the Driver's seat. Darn modern cars are so insulated! LOL!

Thanks again Soooma (Basim).
I hear the Eisenmann race just fine with everything closed. So do my neighbors and even their neighbors.
You got STRAIGHT PIPED everything
Appreciate 0