03-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #17
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Knight View Post
Gentlemen, I just wanted you to know that I am totally enjoying the performance of my Dinan Ram Air Intake. I love the sound when at WOT, that massive sound of the air suction, following a surge ...

Anyways, if it is of any consolation, as for me the comprehensive research, development and engineering and the finished manufactured product are one of many reasons why I chose to purchase a Dinan product. I did not even pay suggested list price either. However, after my own research on the internet, I had read about an incorporated design feature that was very ingenious. The separation of water and air which would enter the intake duct, and I believe this is a shared problem with respect to True Ram Air Ducts and Hydrolock....

If you must know, please read the article from this link. You will find it most interesting....

http://www.fluent.com/about/news/new...5v14i2/a12.htm
Good read and it gives one a little more piece of mind when trying to understand dinan's outrageously high prices.

Not like I'd ever pay MSRP, but would you mind letting us know where you bought the ram air intake?

Also, in regards to cold air intakes/ram air intakes and hydro lock, at least for the CAI on my jetta, it incorporates an AEM bypass valve up top in the engine bay that can draw in air should the filter down low ever get submerged in a puddle or get clogged up.
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0