01-07-2022, 07:19 PM   #53
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Looks like an amazing car, I would absolutely love to own one but it kind of made me think who is this car aimed at? Nurburgring Taxi laps?

The bucket Seats in an M5 are a bit strange, especially in the back. The thing I loved about my old E39 M5 was that I could drive my parents to Church in complete civility, and it looked like a normal BMW to ordinary folks, and then I could really open up the taps when I felt like it. The classic wolf
In sheeps clothing. The buckets make this car feel like it's trying too hard a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, very cool car but I just wonder who is the car really aimed at and what real world use do they get out of it.
Me. Would be perfect for my family. My 11 year old son would love his bucket seat in the back as I would in the front. My 14 year old daughter would hate it and my wife wouldn't be thrilled, but she would like it better than the manual shifting in my M2 CS.

The only downside I see to the CS upgrade in the M5 is that you lose a little practicality and maybe a little luxury. In the M2, besides the armrest, it's all positive improvements.

Let's be honest, nobody wants to haul 3 adults in the back of an M5. It's a very cool 4 door, 4 seater. Get the X7 if you need more seating.

Unless I can find one at MSRP and get my wife to trade in her X5, the M5 CS is not on the cards for me this year. Both are extremely long shots.
Appreciate 1