Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SloeEm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamasM3e93 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in an e93 M3 dct. It's a daily and this is my second winter with the car. I supercharged it over the summer and have found that even with all season Michelin's, that extra power makes winter driving precarious. I'm also thinking I'd like something more analog. There's a couple e46 sedans available in my area with the 330 engine and all wheel drive. I'm aware that AWD adds about 200 pounds. One car is fairly updated/well maintained but has 170k miles. the other car has 125k miles but comes off a dealer lot without much info. Both are 2003s and around $7k. I've done some reading and am aware of the subframe issues. The e46 forum here is discontinued; what things should I be thinking about as I consider adding one of these to my fleet?

BTW - I do most of my own work on my cars.
I owned a 03 330xi and maintenance on the car was ridiculous. Off the top of my head you need to overhaul the complete cooling system,Ccv.
, Fuel pump, Vanos seals, front axels and alternator. Almost all of those things have leave me stranded when I owned that car. Take the 170k mile one if maintenance records check out
This!!
Appreciate 0