View Single Post
      03-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #18
apsuard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
One thing that I did note about IAT's on the dyno - I was in the passenger seat for each dyno pull with bFlash on the laptop logging each pull watching the data.

The start IAT like I mentioned was around 50c to begin each run, however I would note that at the end of the pull the IATs would always be lower. For example if start IATs were 50, by 5,000 rpm WOT the would drop down to 47c and then maybe creep up to 48c by 7,000 rpm. Clearly airflow can't replicate a real WOT run on the street so I wonder what IATs would have been had I been on the street vs the dyno room.

Given that LCE Performance was noticing the very high start IATs, my guess is that in the real world and for their dyno testing perhaps in much cooler weather, they see much lower IATs and to their surprise my stock pull at 1.35 bar was the highest they'd seen because it was also the highest IATs they'd seen and my guess is that the stock ECU needed 1.35 bar to make 600 hp with high IATs.

Anyway perhaps the system is more efficient than I thought. The only real way to tell is to do a sustained WOT pull like a half mile in warm temps and compare to data from my other cars with different intercooling setups.
Interesting info. I had the same issue with my W213 E63 and that was high IATS especially when staging at the strip. I had WMI but the IATS would get so high in staging.

If this is a problem when I pick up my F90 I will run the CSF charge coolers, meth injection, and maybe even a FI Interchiller. I’m done dealing with high IATS
Appreciate 1