Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Nice post Adam--- any street data by chance (on my cell so I might have glossed over it).
What's up my friend.

No nothing other than a couple brake boost launches to make sure it still hooked up from a dig as I hear that becomes a problem once tuned particularly with those of us blessed with PZeros haha. So far so good. I think the boost reduction under 4,000rpm is helping.

The real story is how much it picks up over 60 and I need to test but damn the weather and surf have been so good here hard to get a block of time to cross the border into Mexico to do full 1/4 mile and 60-130 tests.

E30 is amazing with this car. Probably because IATs are always high from the air to water system that uses the engine coolant to "cool" the intake charge. Seriously wtf BMW. There's a Chevron in Laguna Niguel (crown valley and niguel road) with e85 pump makes things so easy so us nearby!
Nice write up and congrats!

Since you say the dme was locked what build date is your car?

Also you are the first guy that i heard complaining about the cooling system in these cars as they are considered to have sufficient cooling.
You wrote that charge air cooling is cooled by the engine coolant which is not true they are two separate cooling systems.
Check out the attachments these are for the F90 M5 but should be the same for the M8
Attached Images

Appreciate 0