View Single Post
      03-27-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
MDJAK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Tearing My Hair Out

Picked up my 2020 “base” M5 few weeks back. Came from a few Porsches, traded a 911 for it. Porsche is not known for its electronics. BMW is, so far as I know. I’m fairly certain what worked in week one if ownership is no longer working and it’s driving me crazy. First world problems, I know.

1. At first, I did not like the M HUD view. Then I found how to shrink it. Now, even if I change standard view to M view, once I turn off the car, it reverts to standard. I know you can program the M buttons and I have, but if I want everything in comfort setting, the standard view appears.

2. And the real reason I’m going batty. If my phone is synced (iPhone 11 Pro Max) I can easily go to source and pick Sirius, FM, Apple Car Play, etc, as it should do. What I CAN’T do is change the audio and have Waze remain on screen. If Waze is on screen, meaning the car screen, I have to be listening to music on my phone. No matter how I change music, be it through voice command or otherwise, it will take Waze off the screen. Even my lowly 911 didn’t do that.

What am I doing wrong or not doing right! And I know in week 1 I was able to see Waze which I use all the time to see where LEO is no matter what was playing. No longer.

Ty.

PS: Please be kind to an old man and dumb your reply down so I can understand and follow it so I don’t have to have my wife read it and show me. Lol.

Last edited by MDJAK; 03-27-2020 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0