02-18-2020, 02:24 AM   #4
Nikolov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5C, '17 911 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-xpilot View Post
Hello!

I am currently a very happy 2017 F80 Comp and a 2018 G31 540iX Wagon owner, however I've been thinking of trading in the Wagon for a M5 Comp.
Both my wife and I drove it and we're in love. It's just such a special car.

However, EU-spec cars from 2020 seem to get both the ugly new instrument cluster as well as additional OPF-filters and muffling?

Is that so? Has anyone gotten a relatively new M5 Comp delivered in EU and is it significantly silenced?
I have understood that the crackles and pops are gone and I am fine with that, this is going to be our main family car, so it is good that it doesnt' do juvenile stuff (and also, my M3 has the M-performance sport exhaust and is LOUD a plenty ) but does it still sounds like a sporty sedan or is it completely emasculated?

Also, is there any measurable difference in performance? Are the new cars more reluctant to rev due to the additional filtering?

The choice becomes 1) option a new M5 as I see fit or 2) hunt down a good 2018-9 example

Also, I understand that the new cars cannot fit the M-performance exhaust anymore, is this correct?
OPF is fitted since 7/2018, so all EU cars manufactured after that date (all comps essentially) have an OPF. OPF fitted cars are in no way slower than non-opf cars (pre 7/2018). If you don't miss the pops and bangs, then you have nothing to worry about performance wise.