View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 04:32 AM   #19
illmatic37
Rep
Drives: m235i, 330ci, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
You need to get the battery registered to your car (coding), so unlikely the parts store can do it. That registration system ("IBS"?) may also be the culprit in the weird behavior. If you find an indie shop locally you might want to call them to see if they will run a diagnostic on it for you, and also verify they would register your battery if you bought it elsewhere. You wouldn't want to be stuck w/ a new batt that you can't really install, and there is always the chance that you don't need a new battery.
I have a Carly on the way currently, gonna use that to register the battery. Also a good friend of mine is an indy so if I decide not to use the Carly he can do the coding. I was reading about battery voltage, I didn’t realize that while a voltage of 12.2 will usually start the car it means the battery is ~77%. With the original battery pushing 7 years I’d rather change it now and forget about it. Plus with this battery shortage and living in Hawaii it might be a while if the stores go out of stock.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3855.50