View Single Post
      01-06-2022, 12:37 PM   #26
mfolife
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 m5

A little behind but I finally got her back 2 days ago and the M5 is running great. Unfortunately seems like the issue started with the dealer-so here's the update/fix.
Bmw troubleshot, verified my original complaint and saw multiple misfires on bank 2 and on two cylinders bank one. At first they believed the fuel I was using for the last couple fill-ups was low octane and causing the problem. I've NEVER used anything but BP 93 since the day I purchased in 2018 and vary what stations I go to. The tech then found continuous faulting on the #7 cylinder only to find the spark plug loose?!. Further checking and he also found 6 out of the 8 were also loose! The resulting misfires and looseness of the #7 plug evidently was causing the horrible running of the engine and caused/required the replacement of the bad plug, bad coil and faulty injector. (Explaining the raw fuel and smoke coming from the engine.
Unfortunately it seems all of this can be traced back to just over 4000 miles ago when I took her in for an oil change at which time the dealer stated they had to change my plugs based on what their system called for. So unless these plugs are known for loosening themselves-the last guy didn't torque them down and eventually #7 freed itself enough to cause all hell to break loose! Really upset and disappointed with BMW on this one. All under warranty but this is not over.
Appreciate 0