M135iXdriver
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competiton
Location: Northwestern Switzerland veeeeery close to the German Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerenhancer View Post
I collected my showroom car with 23 miles on it. However, it must have been sat in the showroom for a LONG time enduring regular dry detailing because it was a swirl fest. The same sort of damage you would expect after 10k miles of poor washing. Also, 600 miles in and already a number of visible stone chips on the front bumper.

The paint is soft but no softer than any other BMW or Audi I have owned over the years. I think this is characteristic of modern water-based paints. As others have said, the only solution is PPF. I can live with it.

What is unacceptable, however, is the quality of finish inside the engine bay. I have never seen anything like it in my 25 years of owning and working on vehicles. Sure, it's an engine bay and mostly out of sight but it looks like it was sprayed in a desert during a sandstorm.

See below. All those bits and imperfections are under the paint. Seriously, it is that bad and looks even worse in person. If I was buying used I would be concerned that it was accident repaired and resprayed by a idiot.
How is this even possible? Looks like manually sprayed with a can...
2010 - Mazda 3 MPS BL 2.3 (256 bhp) (sold)
Appreciate 0