View Single Post
      09-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #42
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Yeah I know it's only a prototype. What will separate EVs in the future is the software, not ring time. Tesla's advantage is their head start in the software and that's the area they should try to have a lead on instead of battling ring time with Porsche.

Few people buy family sedans because of ring time, but I guess it's good for Tesla publicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Plus 1. Elon is going down in flames. Manufacturers across the globe are now in the game. Tesla lost money for 10 years without competition. Once the “Singularity Cool Factor” disappears, it’s fork time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
I don't know, I wouldn't underestimate a crazy person. And based on Porsche's performance number, UI and price premium, I don't think the traditional ICE companies has as big of advantage as some people think when it comes to make EV cars.
I think you are both right. Tesla is the leader in electric car technology that much is clear.

That said - Porsche's racing experience is second to none. That has helped them despite their late entry into this game. Performance wise - on a road course - I think in time, they will be hard to beat.

What is great for everyone is this type of competition benefits the consumer - us - and this will cause an excellent performance war that we can all enjoy!
Appreciate 0